Fantastic family business seeks a Mechanical Engineer to work within their busy design and contracts team.
A leading family run HVAC and Refrigeration company with a head office in Tees Valley are seeking a focused and driven candidate to join their busy and incredibly friendly team.
Are you interested in making a difference? Are you able to juggle many tasks and keep smiling?
Working within the design and contracts team you will be based in the office with the opportunity to attend site visits for initial quotes and get involved with installation projects. Building relationships with our customers is paramount to ensure that we remain their service business of choice.
This role is an integral part of the business, in addition to the job specification below you will also be supporting with the development and monitoring of the Quality Management System. If you like getting stuck in while maintaining good attention to detail – get in touch!
Key requirements for the role:
- Graduate in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant engineering experience
- Full UK Driving Licence and access to a vehicle
- Good Team Player
- Excellent Communication with internal and external partners
- Working with the contracts team who design, and project manage the installations of large commercial and industrial ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems.
- Site visits at client’s premises, recording measurements, creating rough drawings and looking at existing systems.
- Working at the office, designing, and planning.
- Keeping up to date with new processes and procedures in the industry, to offer sustainable systems that are economical and efficient to run.
- Finding solutions to cooling problems that clients refer in to the business.
- Writing quotes for clients and making amendments where required.
- Ordering parts for large installation projects and ensure they get delivered to site on time.
- Maintaining client folders to ensure they contain the correct documents and project progress records.
- Supporting managers with the development of spreadsheets and creating new formulas.
- Creating crib sheets, entering formulas and pricing to enable contracts managers to calculate quotes quicker.
- Working alongside the wider business to ensure quality management is upheld.
We have exciting growth plans and the next person to join our team will play a vital role in helping us move forward. We have been here for more than 50 years, customers are the life blood of our company, they ask for a professional, quality, friendly service and as a team we ensure that it is delivered 100%.
We are open and honest with our customers, colleagues, and suppliers, and this has led to our continuous success.
Why should you apply?
- The chance to join a well-established company.
- To join a fantastic team.
- To showcase your knowledge and skill set.
- Work in line with a fantastic set of company values
- Your annual holiday entitlement is 23 days a year pro-rata, plus statutory bank holidays
- Uniform supplied or can be claimed on expenses
- An impressive portfolio of clients with new clients being acquired daily
- Free tea and coffee available in the office
- Free on-site parking and electric charging point
- Regular staff social events
- Staff Lottery
- Monthly incentive scheme