The Aircon Group are a family run company that has been trading for more than 50 years, customers are the life blood of our company, they ask for a professional, quality, friendly service and as a team we ensure that it is delivered 100%.
We are open and honest with our customers and colleagues, and this has led to our continuous success. The Aircon Group offer comprehensive in-house training to ensure that all engineers meet and often exceed the minimum recommended guidelines for accreditation.
The role we have on offer enables the right candidate to work extensively within the Refrigeration, Air Conditioning and, and associated business such as Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Factories, Prisons, Breweries, Farm Shops, and Small Village Retailers.
The main operational area would be, but not limited to: South and West Yorkshire, The Humber, Manchester, and North Wales.
Head office is in Teesside with offices in Ripon and Goldthorpe, South Yorkshire, you would be based at the Goldthorpe Branch.
We are looking for an engineer with the following attributes:
- Knowledge and experienced in a wide range of HVAC / Refrigeration Systems, experience of working on Packs and RDM Systems preferable.
- Reliable, resourceful, able to work well within a team but equally motivated when working as an individual.
- Can do attitude, highly motivated and productive individual who is always willing to lead from the front, exacting the highest engineering standards to complete the task.
- Effective communicator, good organization skills with the ability to prioritise tasks accordingly.
- Proven expertise in fault investigation and rectification.
What the job involves:
- The repair, maintenance and installation of Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Systems including working on Packs, Bulk Milk Tanks, Cold Rooms, Chiller Cabinets and Display Cabinets, VRF systems, Split Systems and certain Chillers such as Airedale, Rhoss and Daikin.
- Identifying and rectifying faults.
- Providing technical information to customers.
You will be part of the Engineering Standby Rota.
- Hourly Rate is negotiable depending upon experience
- 23 days holiday + 8 bank holidays.
- 40 hours + Overtime when available.
- Company Van.
- Specialist tools supplied.
- Mobile Phone.
- Dedicated office base with support staff.
What We Require from you:
- City & Guilds Qualification 2079 or equivalent
- NVQ 1,2 and 3 in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Mechanical and Electrical Skills
- CSCS Card
- 8+ years’ experience
- In depth knowledge of Refrigeration, Air Conditioning
- Clean driving licence
- Ability to pass security vetting (prison working) as a pre requisite
- Ability to pass an Enhanced DBS check as a pre requisite
- Day shift 8:30 – 17:00 (half an hour, unpaid lunch)
- Monday to Friday
- Full-time, Permanent
Please indicate what your current salary is on your CV.
If you would like more information about the role, please phone Sophie McJimpsey on 01709 367001.
We are unsure what volume of applicants we will receive; we will endeavour to reply to all but if you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of applying, please assume that your application has not been successful.
Expected start date: TBC
Application deadline: 30/09/2021
Common surfaces sanitised regularly, hands to be sanitised when enter the building. Temperature to be recorded and masks to be worn at the service hub and sites where work is carried out.