If you work in a commercial, industrial or office environment it is important to stay cool as temperatures are set to increase.
Employee comfort and productivity are paramount to running a successful business, extreme heat or cold can lead to discomfort, reduced focus, and decreased work efficiency.
Ensuring that customers and visitors have a pleasant experience in your premises adds to customer satisfaction, air conditioning can make customers feel welcome and encourage them to stay longer, increasing the likelihood of them purchasing goods, recommending you to friends or acquaintances and returning in the future.
Many industrial type businesses rely on electronic equipment and machinery that generates heat during operation, without proper cooling systems in place, these devices can overheat in hot weather, leading to reduced efficiency, increased downtime, and potential damage.
Health and Safety
Extreme temperatures can be hazardous to health, especially for vulnerable individuals, such as the elderly, pregnant employees, or those with certain medical conditions, air conditioning can help to prevent heat-related illnesses and improve air quality by filtering out pollutants and allergens.
Some organisations must adhere to strict temperature and humidity requirements to comply with industry regulations and maintain optimal conditions for their operations, at Aircon Group we can calculate air changes per hour, maintain air flow at constant temperatures and support you to ensure that you meet industry requirements.
Preservation of Goods
We all have memories of going to the newsagents only to find the chocolate melting on a hot day, maintaining a controlled temperature is crucial to preserving the quality and safety of products, we set-up refrigeration systems to ensure there is no loss of cooling ability in the hot weather.
Reputation and Image
A well-maintained and temperature-controlled workspace can help to attract top talent, improve retention rates and enhance a company’s image as a professional and caring organisation. It takes a lot of effort for customers to go shopping in the hot weather, the last thing they want to be greeted with is empty display cabinets and no stock on the shelves.
Top Tips for Keeping Your Business Cool
- Install air conditioning.
- Set your air conditioning system at an appropriate temperature for the day.
- Keep doors and windows closed whilst the air conditioning is running.
- Regularly schedule maintenance for the air conditioning system to ensure it operates efficiently. Clean filters, check refrigerant levels, and inspect the overall condition of the HVAC system to prevent breakdowns and optimize performance.
- Use exhaust fans in areas where heat-generating equipment is present, such as kitchens, server rooms, or manufacturing facilities, these fans help to expel hot air.
- Invest in a well-designed ventilation system that brings in fresh air from outside while expelling stale air that will have a high CO2 content.
- Ensure that the building is well-insulated to prevent cool air from escaping and hot air from entering.
- Reduce the amount of heat-producing equipment where possible.
Some other useful tips…
- Change the dress code or uniform according to the season.
- Introduce outdoor break areas with shade where staff can take a break from being indoors.
- Hydration stations.
- Encourage employees and customers to stay hydrated by offering water coolers, dispensers, or reusable water bottles.
- Provide cooling towels or personal handheld fans for employees who work outdoors or in non-air-conditioned areas.
- For a free, no obligation, cooling survey please contact the Aircon Group on 01642 249026 or email@example.com.